Today I sat in a room and watched three children meet their parents for the first time. I watched three sets of parents meet their children for the first time. Many of these families have waiting years for this moment. They have spent countless hours on homestudies, applications, paperwork, trainings. They have had many emotions from excitement to disappointment. All brining them here to this moment: meeting their children. What joy, and also a sadness that these three girls are leaving their lives behind. Everything they know, everyone who has loved them is gone in one day. They will be loved, cared for and provided every opportunity in life, but they will have a history here in
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Forever Families.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very well written, Sarah. I'm "catching up" as I am a few days behind on your blog. Loving every minute of it :).
Post a Comment