Friday, October 17, 2008

Quotable Quotes

We met with all the adoptive families today for a "run down" of their trip. Looking at these new arrivals I realized what I looked like 3 days ago. Yikes! I won't bore you with the details of the meeting, but Shiyan (our China Bethany Staff) had a few cute quotes to share.

In talking about food: "You can find very good Chinese food in China"

In talking about culture: "When in China, do as the Romans"

When talking about how much money will be needed daily "If you don't do any shopping..." she couldn't finish due to the explosion of laughter.

On another note, we just got a phone call saying CCAA wants Patty, Shiyan and I to stay the night at the orphanage (actually a resort near by) I guess they have more planned for us in the evening. I am starting to get very excited about the real reason I am here and it is to meet these little ones and try to find them forever families. We have a paragraph on each child and have been studying them. A few are described as shy, some clever, some performers and some smart. All are described as beautiful. OF COURSE!

No comments: