Thursday, October 16, 2008
Chopsticks
Last night we decided to try Chinese food so Patty and I took a note from Shiyan to a restaurant down the street with our order on it. NO one spoke English there so she figured out by the note what we wanted and then we had to tell her how many and what to drink. So we ended up with the biggest bottle of coke ever which was a little funny. Then our food came and we go to pick up our silverware, but wait, this is China, there are only chopsticks. So we look at each other and smile decide to give it a whirl. Trying to take noodles from a serving dish onto a small plate was a disaster. Finally I just start using a tiny bowl on the table to shovel them onto my plate. I am eating one noodle at a time with my chopsticks. There are bits of food all over the table cloth in front of me. After about 10 minutes of this, a cute little waitress brings us forks. I covered my face with my hands in shame and she laughed. I looked around and all the waitresses were smiling at us. So we set our chopsticks down and enjoyed our meal with forks. But boy was that GOOD!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sarah,
Thanks for taking the time to keep us all informed and I'm glad to see that everything is going so well. I've got to say that's the worst hair piece I've ever seen. Maybe that's one thing we still make better over here. I'll be sharing your blog with my classes tomorrow. The pictures are great and the restaurant entry is a gem. Take care.
Love,
Dad
Post a Comment