Saturday, October 18, 2008

Body Language

I saw the human body do things tonight I never though possible. The Flying Acrobat Show was truly amazing. These people can contort their bodies in ways that are not natural, but of course extremely impressive. No photography allowed so you will have to imagine for yourself.

Earlier this afternoon, we found an open air market. Oh man, this was glorious. We were up and down isle after isle of paintings, jewelry, scarves, stones, tea sets.... You name it, they had it. On the way home we stopped at an antique market. Everything was laying on the floor on rugs. To barter they give you a cell phone and have you punch in numbers. I called someone on accident... It is their fault for not having a calculator like the market : )

Art displayed at the Open air market
Split bottom pants, the Chinese children do not wear diapers.
Later in the day we saw a little girl peeing on a man hole cover.

Tomorrow morning we go to the orphanage. We just found out they want us to stay the night so we will not be back to the hotel until late on Monday night and then leave the next morning for Shenyan. Another exciting adventure awaits!
A little Chinese/American Cultural : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pix, but we're not really sure about how all bodily functions are managed with that slit.

The Adamski Family said...

Ok I am glad I am not the only one who does not fully understand the split pants concept!
Looks like you are having a great time. I am interested in the next part of your adventure. Thank you for being such a faithful blogger!