Monday, October 20, 2008

Great children, Great caretakers, Great staff

I think I am finally ready to talk about the children. We had two wonderful days with them and felt like honored guests. I will not be posting about the individual children, this will go through my agency and I want to respect their future adoptive families, because they all will have adoptive families. Some of the things that impressed me the most was how loving, caring, generous and hard working the orphanage staff are. They worked so hard to make this weekend work. To pack up 27 children, supplies, food, games etc and bring them to a resort and set up camp for two days. I know how hard it is to take my two kids on vacation. Can you imagine taking 27! Well they did a great job. The children were very shy of us, which, as a social worker is wonderful since it tells me about their emotional health.

CCAA is also an amazing agency with very dedicated staff. All who are very busy running these camps and taking a lot of weekends away from their families and social lives to help these children find families. It has been a wonderful journey and I have a greater respect for all of these people. It is a great thing to make friends on the other side of the world. It is a very sad thing to leave them and wonder if you will ever meet again.
Our translators and friends from CCAA
(Amanda, Jesse and Leo)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah -

It's great to read your stories from China. I can't wait to hear more about the amazing children, caretakers and CCAA staff. Thank you for representing all of us that long for a little one from China.

Take care!
Jon & Amy Machiela