Last night I wrote about how my life was so less chaotic with out me there. Today I am realizing the farther I am away, the “neater” it all is. Here I am crammed in a tiny plane half way to Detroit and I look down and see perfect squares of land, straight roads, evenly divided subdivision. How different it all is with a new perspective. I don’t see traffic jams and red lights. I don’t see overgrown lawns and weeds. I just see order. I wonder how I can have this perspective from the ground. I think about what it must look like from Heaven. Seeing how the whole world fits together, not just a small path from Grand Rapids to Detroit. It is easy to see the order from up here, but not the chaos, the pain the suffering. Somewhere down there are orphans who are alone in their beds. Who are sick and not cared for. Somewhere down there are hungry and hurting and sad. I think that as humans we only get the chaos and fun or the order, but God gets all the perspectives. From the ground and above.
I guess I am glad my life isn’t tidy. I am glad I can see the chas of love cause from here you don’t see the love and joy and you can’t help the hurting and the alone.
2 comments:
Sarah -
We can't wait to read along on your journey to China. We are so excited that the CCAA has opened its doors to Bethany and to you.
We pray for safe travels and a productive visit.
Jon and Amy Machiela
Good thoughts, Sarah.
I hope your travel is going well. I'm looking forward to reading your updates.
~Sara Wiersma
Post a Comment