Thursday, October 2, 2008

Don't mess with me

I am a very anti television person. About 5 years ago, my hubby and I gave up t.v. for lent. We realized we did not miss it and cut our cable down to basic. (I should rewind a bit here: when we were newly married, and working crazy shifts and never home together, I would watch t.v. constantly. 4 hours of 90210 reruns, Dawson's Creek, E True Hollywood Story, Lifetime television for women...you get the drift) So cutting down to basic cable went good for a while and then we both became addicted to Law and Order reruns and I am very ashamed to admit I even watched Bonanza on a daily basis.

So to summarize the above paragraph that is very disjointed, we started with 60 some channels, moved to 38, still watched crap all the time and finally decided to get rid of cable all together.

Now for the past 3 years we watch fuzzy pbs occasionally, and few choice shows through out the week. We do not have a t.v. in our living room. I can go days with out a television on. So here is my very belabored point. When the one show I want to watch all week, the one show that arranged my entire day around is CANCELED because of a DEBATE, I get a little angry.

Now I am all for politics, and making a good informed choice, but don't you think NBC that I could be informed at 8:00 instead of 9:00 so I could watch the one thing I look forward to all week. I am sure next week the NBC people will "apologize for interrupting already scheduled programing for this important announcement about blah blah blah..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My hubby's sentiments exactly, concerning being "bummed" that the beloved "Office" was canceled for the debate. The debate was good, didn't you think? Both did well.

Unknown said...

I agree! I was so mad I boycotted the debate :)